Pages


Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Today was a much better day today than yesterday! I got Raul's present finally all done for Christmas and I had a nice surprise this morning around 11:30 am. Raul had returned my call from earlier. I was telling him I was bored and he told me just a few more hours and he'd be off work. So I was just playing on the computer getting ready to leave for a beach walk and then comes in Raul. He left work early today which was nice. Usually, Christmas week we always have that week off together, but he is working some this week. So we got to do some stuff together today. Had a great walk on the beach and to the pier and when we got home I started dinner. I don't cook a lot and when I do it is really simple and easy. Nothing fancy! I make what my mom called "English Muffin's" It's just cheese, tomato and bacon on an english muffin and you bake it for 10-15 minutes. They are just great! After wards, for the first time ever, I attempted with Raul, my grandmother's famous Sausage balls. They did not turn out as well as hers, but they were still good. I don't know what urged me to make them tonight and I have been meaning to make them forever, but always forget.... but today is her birthday. She would have been 93. I knew it was her birthday and all I just didn't make the connection til tonight while trying to duplicate her perfected food! It has just been a nice chill day.

The last three weeks have been really busy. I had my finals which I did good thank you very much! :) We moved to Ocean Beach as well the last couple of weeks. I like it, but I do miss my old area, Hillcrest. I just miss being on that beautiful street 1st ave. I miss walking around there. I m iss walking downtown and being so close to Balboa Park. It was very convient. Ocean Beach is a total different vibe but I like it. I love the beach. Raul is so teaching me how to surf this summer! I feel like this is a great opportunity out here that we pretty much had dropped in our laps! We have a lot of cool friends out here as well so it will be cool to spend more time with them and of course meet new people! Iggy has made himself quite comfortable and he is going to have to make more adjustments here soon in about a month when I get a dog! Yes I am finally getting a dog! I have been waiting soo freaking long to have one and have never lived anywhere out here where dogs are accepted. I live right behind dog beach for crying out loud... I GOTS TO GET A DOG!! :)

I think 2010 is going to be a great year. 2009 was a bit of a downer. Not going to say it was horrible, but definitley a year Raul and I are going to be glad see over with! Not being employed and getting hours cut definitley puts a damper on your weekend social life for sure! lol.. but we have adjusted and actually know and realize it is happening to so many of our friends and just people we know of and I know I don't have it nearly as bad as soo many do. Raul and I are really lucky when we stop and think of how it could be worse. I know I am just looking forward to a better year! Ready to live it up this New Years Eve for sure! I think everyone is looking for a better year.

No comments:

Post a Comment