Pages


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Feliz Navidad 09'


My Christmas was actually pleasent this year. I wasn't really expecting it to be as nice as it really was. It is not that I am being a negative Nancy it's just that everyone seemed to be dreading it, we were moving away from Hillcrest, I was getting my gums sliced open a week before Christmas Day and I missed my mom.  Anywho Raul was not taking off any time for Christmas like he always does and well everyone knows I wasn't going to need to ask for time off soooo...

Christmas Eve was pretty cool. I got all dressed up. I felt the need to feel good how I looked after a week of sweats, hair in ponytail, a bottle of vicodines and black stitches attached to my upper right gums! We went to Raul's aunts house for dinner. I was excited I guess at the time, but I really just wanted the whole thing to be over with. Like I said I miss my mom and it bothered me more this Christmas than the other two so far. So what to do? Put on a happy face and take me to the beer please! :) (I'm not a big drinker.. ask everyone!). After only a couple I proceeded to beef it outside the garage and threatened to kill our little college crew we got going on in the family if they ever told anybody what they saw! It was actually pretty funny. I couldn't help but laugh at myself and that was only two beers! It ended up being really fun and loud! It was a fun party for sure! I got to see a lot of people in the family I actually had hung out with and seen in a while. Christmas morning was chill. We had breakfast finally around 11am and just lounged around. I was trying to keep myself busy there so I wouldn't get stuck watching harry pooter..and I didn't want to start thinking too much.  Then later on that night we had the best soup that Meche made. It was sooo good. We came home Christmas night around 9pm and just sat around and relaxed and watched movies. It was really nice. I wasn't expecting to be so content.

I think what is hard for me with Christmas over the years is the preparation of it. The weeks before it actually happens. The first Christmas my mom had been passed was the scariest..... when I mean scary I mean scary as in Jinjer went and blew $400 on her credit cards in Christmas decorations scary! lol.. and the not knowing if you are going to blow up at people around you or just simply begin to cry in front of everyone. It turned out not so bad. The second year was not bad. This the third year was just sort of thrown in my face so unexpectedly. It sort of threw me for a loop and got me off track. It lead up to sparing me a hard time and gave me a good day. I got teary eyed a lot through out the day but I think for the most part I put on a good show without having to try hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment