Pages


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

One more month! (I thought I had posted this a while back but guess not).

The past month I have been on a mission to have a job by February. Okay so it is the 29th of January and I have not found one.. lol.. However, this past month has been really good. Not the usual depressing, post holiday blues that I tend to get especially around the middle of January. However, I am enrolled for spring classes over at Mueller College of Holistic Studies beginning March 29th. I'm super stoked! Depending on my financial aid and loans I could finish my first half by December 2010 or March 2011. Whenever it may be I am enrolled! :) I'm super stoked. I wish I would have done this years ago like I had desired to before I turned 24. What counts is that I finally feel I have something important that I am going to be doing that is actual proof of importance. The past three years I have felt a lot of people underestimate me and I feel like in many ways written off b/c I didn't meet requirements in their TIMing in their preference. Then I just had to learn to ride them off and do things in my own timing... (my mother always said, "Jinjer does things when she is ready to do them not when someone else is ready for her to do so.) .. My counsular at the school warned me three times after meeting with her twice this past week "We do not stress here!". The whole reasoning to do this is to feel relaxed. Make others feel relaxed. Help people connect their bodies to their mind and spirit. This goes way beyond massage therapy license for me. After I complete that I will more than likely continue another nine to 12 months with classes for an HHP License (which I am going to need down the line anyway) so may as well go for that. As soon as I get that I will continue education with more asian and western studies of healing and alternative medicines and then on to acupuncture. I want to help people who are in pain without needing to have stupid pharmicudicals shoved down their throats. I am not a fan of the pharmicudical companies for various reasons that really don't need to be explained.
I already feel this year is being kinder than last year for sure and if anything not having a job and being under this economic crisis has showed me once again, I do not belong in an office! That is what a lot of my work has consisted of the last few years and I got comfortable with the everyday routine, having the benefits all that junk but I didn't feel it served any purpose other than giving me a nice savings account. (which got drained for various reasons.)
I'm a bit nervous about the debt I am going to owe after this. I used to be too scared of it but now I have gotten to the point to just take that leap. I have only about $3000 in debt and I already pay on that every month so if I got away for 30 years of only having that little debt then I guess it was time for that to end to make life better in the end. Now I will be $17,000 in the whole after I am done with the HHP License! :) OH GOODIE! Not to mention the $20,000 that Raul will owe after his cullinary school is done. But We will be doing a lot better to were I think we will be able to pay the montly payments of our loans just fine. May be a little hard at the beginning but I think we will do just fine.
Another thing with going to school is that I will be going at night and Raul will also be going at night. We have pretty much the same scheduling for school M-Th 6-10pm. We wont have to go on Fridays and eventually will have to go to school on some Saturdays but that is for hands on training so it's like interning! Raul and I will get to hang out together on the weekends and pretty much that is it for a year. Kinda weird to visualize that since we spend so much time together. But it is a good thing for both of us.
Not only that is what makes things a bit brighter in my life but it's also the new scenery I have surrounded myself upon. I don't know there is just more of a free feeling living in ocean beach than were we lived before. Maybe it has something to do with the fact I walk along the beach everyday and it is soo beautiful and open!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I would love to see picutres of the beach!! Good luck with your studies!

    ReplyDelete