Pages


Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Gratitude Challenge Day #3

Today's Gratitude challenge is to write about what you are grateful for in life today.

Grateful for Age

After being glued to the news on television today (which is something by the way I never do hardly and would not have done if it hadn't been for my husband staying home with diaherra) this evening news results ended in sad news. I had been following the story of Chelsea King since last Thursday when it had gone reported that she went missing that afternoon after she had gone for a run at Rancho Bernardo Park. Today we were watching news updates for a while and then this evening breaking news announced a body at Lake Hodges had been discovered and a shoe that was fit to Chelsea's discription of what she had worn was there. That vigil became a prayer vigil for Chelsea's parents in what was to be a prayer vigil in bringing Chelsea home. A senior high school, honors student, track runner, beautiful girl denied decades of life due to a sick twisted 30-year-old pervert who thank GOD had been arrested on Sunday! This man who is a suspect was actually convicted of rape in 2000 of a 13-year-old girl sentenced to prisoin for a couple of years, has been out of prision for some time. For whatever the reasons where for him getting out of jail Chelsea King has been assulted and killed for that judges decision to let him free. What haunts me as well as this disturbing and sad news is that the man had been under going pyschiatric therapy during his time in prisoin and it was told to the courts that this man has no business being let out! There was really no words that Raul and I had to say sitting here this evening watching all the coverage. Just really angry. Our system is so screwed up. That is a whole other story but this whole story the past week has just really tugged on me and made my heart go out to this poor mother and father. It also made me think of how lucky I am that I am still alive. It also makes me very fortunate to be the age that I am. Over the years I have known so many young souls leave earth and I still struggle so much with death due to so many gone too soon that I honestly have stopped complaining the past couple of years about getting older. So many people freak out at turning even 25 and this girl Chelsea King, will never be at the age to vote, she will never turn 21 or 30 or 40. So today I am grateful for my age. I know this is something I try to take notice on often but today it showed me again to love all the ages that you are given on earth. Never take advantage of them. Never waste a day. You never know when it is your last. My heart goes out to the King Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment