Pages


Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A little bit of my weekend of awesomeness!!

My weekends keep getting better and better! Friday I was up before the break of day getting ready to head to L.A. for the Oscar gift lounging event. The day ended up being pretty great! The ride up there went by super quick up til we got past Long Beach. Then of course that is when the traffic was going about 15 miles per hours on the freeway. We got up to the House of Blues around 10:30 and the set up was arranged a bit different and there were a lot of vendors that I had no clue what they were. So I had to give myself a quick tour of everything. A reconized the guys with the swanky watches were back.. Rumor had it that they had a bunch of watches stolen the night before after the event was over. Interesting.. Those watches are pretty expensive.. Some run up to around $2,000 I heard. Anywho first up on my list of celebrities I escorted was Nolan Gould and Ariel Winter from ABC's Modern Family. I actually had Nolan first and then about 20 minutes after I was done with him, his co-star was already up stairs with her mom talking to one of the bosses for Platinum Publicity. And becuase I was asked to go find an employee from House of Blues to take care of the first floor bathroom due to some serious issues going on with the sewage, I was right behind Amy (one of my bosses) and she asked me if I could escort Ariel and her mom around. I was with them for about two hours!! I totally had a blast with Ariel. Her mom, Crystal, was a trip! Super nice lady. They even had told me they would send me a signed autograph of them and since I hadn't had a pen or paper on me, Ariel's mom told me she would accept my friend request for Ariels fb page, if I sent her one on facebook and to make sure I  put House of Blues on there. So I did and we shall see if that will follow through. But it was super fun and I even managed to sweet talk my way  an extra final fantasy game for Ariel that she really wanted, but was afraid to ask one of the vendors. Super cute and well behaved kid. Later on that day, I was the envy of every FIDM girl (Fashion Institute Design and Merchandise Students), when I walked around Josh Henderson from Desparate Housewifes. I had no idea he used to date Ashley Simpson! Hell, I didn't even really know who he was but he was super nice! (He is from the South so what do you expect!). But his friend Sylvia was super cool! The day ended up being pretty cool. I got a gift card to a make up place out in L.A. so I will have to use it next time I am there. I got home pretty late. The ride home took forever it seemed b/c of all the traffic. Elaine, Jay and I were super hyper and all pumped up from the day and so we were cutting up having a good time. I really enjoy doing this. I wish I got paid for it but the experience is really cool. I got invited to a movie premiere as well. Not going b/c the movies sounds really really bad! lol.. anyways

I had another long day on Saturday or so it seemed, but Mueller College had an open house in the afternoon so I went and checked that out. I had three different massages done on me. Only about 10 minutes a piece, but I got to meet some of the teachers there and find out about more classes they are offering that weren't offered til this quarter. Personal Fitness and Hypnotherapy. My husband, Raul came along with me and he had the most amazing massage done on him. Reike!! I don't know what that woman did to him but he has had super energy since then! My favorite massage was the Indian Head massage. It is a Spa Technique class the instructor teaches that will go into that! I think or so I felt that I went on another planet for sure with that being done to me. So Spa Techniques and Reike are two must classes that I will have to take when it is time for me to take electives! I got super pumped when the open house was over with. I'm just really excited about doing this! I have about three more weeks til I start class. My orientation will be on the 26th of this month and that is when I get all my books and all sorts of other stuff like incents! hehehehe...  An evening following that was just chillaxing and watching some "Modern Family" on the computer since I am now hooked on that show.

Sunday I made sure to do my hour work out at home that I have been doing over the past few weeks. Unfortunately, I did not get to walk since it decided to rain ALL day long til it was time to take off and visit my aunt and uncle then we were off to a friends house to watch the Oscars! I was totally disappointed! My favorite movie of the year never wins! The last time that happend was back in 2000 for American Beauty. I believe it was 2007 that the best movie in my opinion did not even get nominated! BOO! This year, the best picture went to The Hurt Locker and I couldn't even get past the first forty five mintues of that film. Maybe I need to rewatch! At least Christop Waltz won for Best Supporting Actor! I thought Inglorious Basterds would take home for Original Screenplay but there was no love not even there! URGH!! Oh well there is always next year! So yet another weekend long gone, but it was certainly a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment