Pages


Thursday, April 1, 2010

End of March review is in!

Well March is finally over with and it went quick!!! So since this month began I have started school, I have started to form nice ABS! lol.. I have sent letters to petition against sexual predators getting out of prison, Walked another 100 miles in a month at the beach, worked another awards gift lounging event and have made steps towards making a little dog walking business of mine! Since America doesn't want to hire me for anything than I will do it myself! lol..Oh and we Shall not forget that the first Sunday in March was the Oscars! Boy did I not like this years Oscars at all!! This was actually the first year I had not seen all pics or actress exc.... The only thing I enjoyed was Christoph Waltz winning best support actor.... and as Always my pic to win best movie NEVER wins!!! Shall I evaluate this?? I think I shall!! Let's see the last time my favorite picture won was back in 2000 which was "American Beauty" and it is still in the top 2 of my all time favorites! and the other years........
2001- Traffic was my pick and Gladiator won
2002- Moulin Rouge was my pick and A Beautiful Mind won. .(that was my second pick)
2003- The Hours was my pick and Chicago won!
2004- I actually didn't really care this year. I thougth Mystic River was great but was glad LORW won.
2005- UM FINDING NEVERLAND! HELLO!! Aviator was Awesome! Million Dollar Baby Won (that is
           so wrong on sooo many levels! It was horrible!)
2006- I went for Capote and Crash won.
2007- Little Miss Sunshine was my pick and The Departed won (this year was soo AWESOME in movies!)
2008- Okay considering that the BEST picture of the year wasn't even nominated (hem...hem.. INTO THE
           WILD) No Country For Old Men was awesome! My pick would have been Atonement... This year
           was the best year I think of the decade for films.. Too bad the writers strike was going on that year
           and so many towns didn't even get most films that were nominated.
2009- My pick was The Reader and Slumdog Millionaire won.
2010- It hurts to even type it! Inglorious Basterds was my pick and The Hurt Locker won. 

Okay now I'm totally switching gears on here.....

So all this just sounds so exciting and honkey dorie doesn't it? Yeah it's fun what I have been doing. I have been a bit emotional lately though. I don't know what it is.. maybe just anyalizing my life too much, still finding too much time on my hands (and trust me I find WAYS to keep busy.. it's just no one's beezwax! heheehe.) This past month in San Diego, the city got a pretty rude awakening to what has now made such big National Headlines around the world. The King family's story has made me ball like a baby since their Daughter, Chelsea King went missing on February 25th. I had been watching the coverage a little bit but  I hate the news so much I tried not to watch it. I did get more involved the day John Gardner had been arrested. The day that the police and FBI found her body or what they believed to be her body, Raul had stayed home that day. I wouldn't have caught the news if he hadn't been home. Like I said I don't watch the  news much. The story is agonizing. It is BULL SHIT what happened and it just infuriated me. A few days later another young teenage girl, who had been missing since last February, Amber Dubois' remains were found in a lake. It made me just sick! I know this happens sooooo much around the world all the time and we don't get to hear everyone's story like Chelsea and Amber's but I guess it just hit me b/c I live here and they lived only 30 minutes away from me. I just don't understand the cruelty a human can have on another one. Especially a child. And I also have no tolerance for it either. Those people just need to be done with. Plain and simple. There is no rehab for these sick monsters! The whole thing had just made me a little sad and so sad for those parents. I was bothered by it so much that it woke me up a few times one week. I kept waking up in the middle of the night wondering if Kelly King was able to sleep at that moment. I'd wake up early in the morning and would just burst out of bed and get my day started. I kept thinking "I don't want to waste a minute at all.".. or at times I would be thinking, "I don't want to go walk four miles today!" and then I'd think of a young girl that I only know of b/c she went missing and I tell myself "Go walking because you have that option to". When I dreaded my daily 120 crunches, I'd smile b/c I should be happy that I can do that and I have the freedom to do so. So I kept going. Sometimes people are put here for a short time on earth to do something incredible. And what these two girls have done is that they have ANGERED a lot of people to the point that thousands and thousands aren't putting up with these crap laws that give sexual predators more rights than those who are good do! These dumb ass MAN made laws that have all these twists and turns and loopholes... and you want to know why America is so highly in crime! Child predators should never get a second chance! Those girls certainly didn't! Okay so I'm getting riled up so I will stop now with that and I just had to somewhat summarize what this girl's death did to me this past month. She affected millions around the world. So to make my part in this whole thing I read real peoples stories and pain of loosing a loved one to something like this and I send letters to congressmen to deny parole to predators up for parole and send congress letters to change these laws. I don't have children and  probably never will but I do have love for kids. I personally think they are smarter than adults! lol.. So I am hoping that in this upcoming month of April I can be more involved! And if it's just a matter of tuning in and making more letters and buying more stamps then so be it! I'd like to do a bit more but I need to get over my anxiety of crowds of strangers! lol.. Maybe I will get that little voice in my head and it will say "Go because you can go":.

So that is the month of March for me! I am still waiting for 94.9 fm's March Madness to finish up this week! I wont be here for Friday's next round but I will be checking online for who has won what!  April should be a nice month. My mom's birthday is this month. April 7th actually to be exact. That is something else I guess that has been somewhat bumming me out. I try not to let it but it does. I just keep going. What else am I gonna do. I'm looking forward to a chill month with just concentrating on school. I have gone two days into my classes now and I am really enjoying it. I also hope to this month be more consistent in blogging. I really do like it. So much more fun at times than FB or anything on the computer. I just have been trying to not be on here so much more than I already have too! But I will keep this blog up hopefully. Especially now with School!

No comments:

Post a Comment